I loved The end (Almost) and shared it immediately with a co-worker who also laughed out loud at the antics of Donut and the author. Interactive picture books are pure gold as they allow the big person reader to be sucked into the story and provide the opportuntiy for the little person in the equation to get involved with the story too! (even if it means they are only reciting from memory rather than actually reading the story).
In many ways The end (Almost) reminds me of classic Mo Willems because it is fun and almost infectious in the way it sucks you in and encourages you to share - and the fact the characters are so accessible. Donut is just adorable and has clear charm and appeal to adults as well as children - and I love the way he pushes his luck just like most of us would do in the same situation!
If you like this book then try:
- Circle, square, moose by Kelly L. Bingham; illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky
- My friend is sad by Mo Willems
- Elephants cannot dance! by Mo Willems
- I broke my trunk! by Mo Willems
- Don't let the pigeon drive the bus! by Mo Willems
- Don't let the pigeon stay up late! by Mo Willems
- New socks by Bob Shea
- Don't push the button! by Bill Cotter
Reviewed by Brilla