In this book we find out the truth.
You think Cinderella – aka Danielle – stepsisters stopped their plotting and scheming once the Cinderwench is happily married? Yeah. Right.
After Danielle’s stepsister Charlotte tries to kill her, the three princesses head off on a mission to rescue Danielle’s kidnapped princely husband. For years Talia (Sleeping Beauty) and Snow (White) have worked as secret agents of the queen.
There’s violence a-plenty as the women fight their way through Fairytown to rescue Armand (the prince). There’s also evil curses, mad witches, and another showdown (or two) between Snow and her mother.
An entertaining read that puts the tale back into fairytale and lifts the lid on ‘happily ever after’.
For more in this series, look for:
- The mermaid’s madness.
- Red Hood’s revenge.
- The Snow Queen’s shadow.
If you like this book, then try:
- Deerskin by Robin McKinley.
- The night dance by Suzanne Weyn.
- Silver Birch, Blood Moon edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling (and other anthologies by these two).
- Tender morsels by Margo Lanagan.
- Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C. Wrede.
- The fairy godmother by Mercedes Lackey.
- Watching the roses by Adele Geras.
- Briar Rose by Jane Yolen.
- The Changeover by Margaret Mahy.
~ Reviewed by Thalia.