Elephant and Piggie books are perfect for reading aloud - either big person and little person, or (as our personal favourite) read aloud to an audience by two friends who can bring all the energy and enthusiasm of the books to live. The illustrations perfectly match the story and bring an infectious enthusiasm that encourages readers to throw themselves into character and do justice to the stories.
I am not sure how Mo Willems manages to come up with all the storylines that he does for our favourite elephant and pig, but everytime a new story appears at work their are squeals of delight and a rush to find the right partner to read the story with so you can entertain everyone with the story at the same time.
If you like this book then try:
- My friend is sad by Mo Willems
- Elephants cannot dance! by Mo Willems
- I broke my trunk! by Mo Willems
- Happy pig day! by Mo Willems
- Watch me throw the ball! by Mo Willems
- Don't let the pigeon drive the bus! by Mo Willems
- Don't let the pigeon stay up late! by Mo Willems
- New socks by Bob Shea
Reviewed by Brilla