Panicking will only startle it.
That is just the start of a delightful and surprising picture book of misfortune and fortune as one child manages to blunder from wildlife accident to wildlife encounter to wildlife accident again. There are lumbering elephants and charming rhinos, and a whole lot of other animals that creep, run, jump, and snap.
Telling you too much about the story will ruin the surprises, but this is definitely a story that needs to be read out loud, and don't worry if you are not that good at reading out loud because this book almost reads itself. This is a book for the boys and for audience participation, but it will be enjoyed by children of all ages who enjoy a good romp through their story, and who like books they can read over and over again.
If you like this book then try:
- A is for musk ox by Erin Cabatingan and Matthew Myers
- Shout! Shout it out! by Denise Fleming
- Too many elephants in the house by Ursula Dubosarsky; illustrated by Andrew Joyner
- One funky monkey by Stacey McCleary, illustrated by Sue Degennaro
- Wait! No paint! by Bruce Whatley
- The library dragon by Carmen Agra Deedy
Reviewed by Brilla