This is not a book for the kiddies, it is definitely one for the adults. The images and words are not suitable for younger children, although older children may appreciate the rhyme. One of the biggest things that bugged me about the book was the mistake near the beginning - the moon "shone" down on a corpse, it did not "shown" down on a corpse.
This was loads of fun to read and it was passed around the workplace and the house with plenty of glee - it is not often that a parody manages to capture the charm of the original while also making itself completely silly. A must read - though maybe not during halloween.
If you like this book then try:
- Go the f**k to sleep by Adam Mansbach
- All my friends are dead by Avery Monson and Jory John
- If you give a kid a cookie, will he shut the f**k up?: A parody for adults by Marcy Roznik and Miranda Lemming
- OMG! That's not my husband ... by Kasey Edwards
- OMG! That's not my baby ... by Kasey Edwards
Reviewed by Brilla