Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Slinky Malinky, early bird by Lynley Dodd

It is early morning and nothing in the house is stirring, nothing except a little black cat named Slinky Malinky.  Crawling out of his bed he is off through the house, searching out the human members of his family and getting into all sorts of mischief as he tries to get them out of bed.

Slinky Malinky is one of my favourite characters from the wonderfully creative mind of Lynley Dodd, the creator of one of New Zealands favourite-ist dogs - Hairy Maclary.  I loved this book because Slinky Malinky (and his antics) reminds me very much of my early morning wake up calls from one of my cat, who knows just how to get me out of bed in the morning by walking across my chest of drawers and knocking things off, or climbing on the book shelves and knocking the books onto the floor one at a time, or even running across my head to get to the windowsill! 

The rhyme and rhythm of the story adds to the charm and makes this another great addition to the library of Lynley Dodd.

If you like this book then try:
  • Slinky Malinky by Lynley Dodd
  • Slinky Malinky, open the door by Lynley Dodd
  • My cat likes to hide in boxes by Eve Sutton; illustrated by Lynley Dodd
  • Hairy Maclary from Donaldsons dairy by Lynley Dodd
  • Bark, George by Jules Feiffer
  • That magnetic dog by Bruce Whatley
  • Dogs by Emily Gravett
  • Slobcat by Paul Geraghty

Reviewed by Brilla

No comments:

Post a Comment