Although not the best in this series, Lackey fans – like me! – will welcome a return to this world. And, thank goodness!, a love interest for Peter Almsley (‘twin’ of Peter Scott’s, from The Serpent’s Shadow).
- The woman in white by Wilkie Collins – classic Victorian gothic mystery.
- Deerskin by Robin McKinley – also based on ‘Donkeyskin’.
- Smoke thief by Shana Abe – Victorian/Edwardian fantasy setting.
- Phoenix and ashes by Mercedes Lackey – my fav Elemental Masters book.
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman – fantasy romance.
- Blood brothers by Nora Roberts – modern gothic fantasy romance.
- Second sight – Victorian/Edwardian fantasy romance gothic tale.
~Reviewed by Thalia.