Tuesday, April 5, 2011

All the things I love about you by LeUyen Pham

Picture books for parents and other grown ups to share with their children are a breed apart from your average picture.  The text is often very personal with lots of "I's" and "you's" - and all sorts of other things that make you feel all warm inside.  Some do it better than others, and one of the best ones I have seen recently is All the things I love about you.

The text and pictures blend together well, and some of the pictures are absolutely delightful - full of energy, warmth, emotion, and just a touch of cheeky sense of humour.  This is a book perfect for mothers to share with their little boys, particularly at the toddler stage when they are zooming around with so much energy and enthusiasm.  This is a picture book that you will want to share over and over again, and could be a good bedtime story for the little man in your life.

If you like this book then try:
  • Guess how much I love you by Sam McBratney & illustrated by Anita Jeram
  • Grandma calls me gigglepie by J.D. Lester & illustrated by Hiroe Nakata
  • Just like my mum by David Melling
  • Just like my dad by David Melling

Reviewed by Brilla

No comments:

Post a Comment