- One is a snail, ten is a crab by April Pulley Sayre & Jeff Sayre; illustrated by Randy Cecil
- 1-2-3 peas by Keith Baker
- One two that’s my shoe by Alison Murray
- One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish by Dr. Seuss
- The very hungry caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Wibbly Pig has 10 balloons by Mick Inkpen
- Ten tiny babies by Karen Katz
- One, two, cockatoo! By Sarah Garson
- One funky monkey by Stacey McCleary; illustrated by Sue deGennaro
- My first 1 2 3 by Pamela Allen
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Guinea Pig Party by Holly Surplice
Fun and bouncy counting books can be hard to find as some of the authors and illustrators take themselves way too seriously – but rest assured Guinea Pig Party is not one of those books! The guinea pigs are individual little characters that help to bring the story to life, and all the little things they do at the party are things that children do so it should help them to connect with the story really well.
This is one of the better counting books for children – although of course, like most of the counting books for children, it counts down from 10 to 1 rather than counting up from 1 to 10. A fun little read and a great first introduction to numbers for preschoolers, in a totally fun and engaging story that also manages to squeeze in some great rhymes as well!
If you like this book then try:
Reviewed by Brilla