With such a background, it’s no wonder Violet is bewildered when real ghosts start appearing to her. One in particular – Rowena, a young aristocrat who mysteriously drowned a year earlier.
How can Violet prove Rowena was murdered when the clues given by Rowena are subject to interpretation (who was the fish aimed at anyway?). When Violet’s mother’s trickery is exposed, Violet is taken away from the murder site, making it even harder to solve the mystery. Oh, and then there’s Colin – her mother’s jack-of-all-trades. Romance, danger, ghosts and history.
If you like this book, then try:
- A matter of magic by Patricia C. Wrede.
- The Luxe by Anna Godbersen.
- Dingo by Charles De Lint.
- Jade Green by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor.
- Give up the ghost by Megan Crewe.
- Midshipwizard Halcyon Blithe by James M. Ward.
- Radiance by Alyson Noël.
- Velvet by Mary Hooper.